90% of leather products today use Chromium in the production process.
Chromium tanning is a highly toxic process linked to high cancer rates in leather workers and irreversible environmental damage.
The ever increasing demand for Safety Footwear in the UK has resulted in lower prices as imports become more and more competitive.
Most Safety Footwear in the UK are imported, many produced in factories where workers ironically provide goods for your safety whilst working (sometimes bare foot) in unsafe conditions themselves.
The majority of leather produced today (around 90%) is chromium tanned, a highly toxic process linked to higher cancer rates in leather workers.
We believe that this process should be strictkly regulated and used in only controlled environments.
Our carefully selected range of safety footwear is:
- Tanned in controlled environments, using effluant water plants to restrict waste.
The supply chain includes:
- Durable outlasting standard brands
- Supremely comfortable and lightweight
- Men’s and separate Ladies fit and sizes
- Eco packaged
- shipped with the option of no shoe boxes
- Strict Ethical standards for factory workers
- An Open door factory inspections policy
- High environmental factory standards
- Research into the increased use of recycled materials.
Our safety footwear manufacturer has even built a primary school for local children, provides transport for workers and the state of the art factory has its own medical suite
Although our packaging is Eco friendly, please accept our option not to ship with a shoe box, as we provide clear size tags.
- Reduce waste packaging
- reduced space in transit.
Don’t worry – your goods will not be damaged in transit. If they were, they could not possibly offer your feet any protection.